Marilyn Heiken has been practicing law since 1992. She represents people seriously injured or killed by medical malpractice, industrial and workplace accidents, vehicle and truck accidents, defective products, and other catastrophic incidents.
Marilyn is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court of Oregon and in the Oregon State Courts. Marilyn serves as a delegate to the Oregon State Bar House of Delegates, on the Oregon State Bar’s Local Professional Responsibility Committee, on the Editorial Board for the Oregon State Bar Torts publication (1996 to present), the Lane County Bar Association Diversity Committee, and on the Oregon Trial Lawyers Publications Committee. She is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), a Guardian Member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA), the Lane County Bar Association, and the Oregon State Bar Association.
Education: B.A. in English Literature, summa cum laude, University of Oregon, 1987; J.D., University of Oregon, 1992.
Marilyn is married to Doug Heiken, and they have a daughter, Emmaline. Outside of work, she jogs, hikes, bikes, knits, paints, and enjoys her australian shepherd, Ernie, and two cats, Finn and Orange Kitty.
see full bioshow less
- Delegate to Oregon State Bar House of Delegates, Region 2
- Member, American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Guardian Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Lane County Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Professional Responsibility Local Committee
- Member, Publications Committee, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Editor, Oregon Torts CLE, Oregon State Bar Publication (1996 to present)
- “Workers’ Compensation Liens in Third Party Claims,” OTLA Trial Lawyer, Summer 2019
- “Potential Malpractice Trap in the OTCA,” PLF in Brief, January 2019
- Co-Author, “Characters Who Shaped Our Character,” OTLA Trial Lawyer, Summer 2017
- “Landslide,” OTLA Trial Lawyer, Winter 2016 Editorial Board, 1 and 2 TORTS (OSB Legal Pubs, 2006, 2012)
- Co-Author, “Wrongful Death and Survival of Personal Injury Actions,” 2 TORTS (OSB Legal Pubs, 2012)
- Co-Author, “Medical Malpractice,” Chapter 11, 1 TORTS (OSB Legal Pubs, 2006)
- “The Law and Pleasure Boating,” OTLA Trial Lawyer, Winter 2005
- “Nursing Homes and Unsafe Premises,” OTLA Trial Lawyer, Spring 2003